Friday, September 29, 2006

see the morning

Sitting listening to new songs on Tomlin's site. I love the name of his new album. For me, sunsets are nice - sunrises are breathtaking - supernova blinding fire washing the world awake. Hey, that's almost a lyric! Reminds me, I was working on a new song the other night. First song in ten years... I don't have the skill and discipline of a recording artist. My brother Andy is a musician's musician. Years ago, I gave up music to preach. Actually, one of my favorite preaching moments was the half hour I preached before Tomlin took the stage at Toronto Missionfest. Then Dar and I jumped around as Tomlin played and sang. Anyway, the lyric I wrote on a napkin the other night while jamming:

the stars are not falling;
they're not disappearing -
they're just taking their place
behind the rising Sun.

Back to the reason I sat down to write this post - Our housing situation is finally worked out. We have been at the wonderful Wegenast's for three weeks. On Sunday we get the keys to a gorgeous fully furnished executive rental for October. I'll post pics next week. The past few weeks we have been hunting like crazy for a place to buy or rent. We just wanted to land here, get our feet on the earth, get away from the tourist feeling, refugee status.

Well, on November 1st, the five of us move into a great house we once stayed in with friends. Two days ago, I called a number in the paper and talked to a stranger about a four bedroom rental place. When I got the address I went to check it out and low and behold it is just across the brook from the Wegenast's - like half a block from here. Yesterday, Dar and I walked through the place and marvelled how God would give us a place to live that we once stayed in and loved.

Our kids will go nuts... surrounded by the forest; tree houses; the stream trickling by; a fire pit. It is sooo perfect for us at this time. Oh ya, we even have pictures of Luke and Bree roasting marshmallows over that fire pit when we visited our friends who were living there last year. Thousands of potential homes to dwell in and God puts us in a house we know. It even has a nanny suite to rent out... so sweet!

And back then, when I stayed in that house I remember the morning Sun coming through the windows. I remember saying to Dar and our hosts, "I would love a place like this. You could really heal in a house like this." So I guess the lesson is to be careful where you deposit your heart because you might just reap the very land under your feet.

And while we are reaping the land we will gain more and more of it over time. Land to invest healing into. Land that will house others as they come from the four corners of the earth to be discovered, developed and deployed into the international gathering force of God's elect.

II Peter 1:19
We couldn't be more sure of what we saw and heard—God's glory, God's voice. The prophetic Word was confirmed to us. You'll do well to keep focusing on it. It's the one light you have in a dark time as you wait for daybreak and the rising of the Morning Star in your hearts. The main thing to keep in mind here is that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of private opinion. And why? Because it's not something concocted in the human heart. Prophecy resulted when the Holy Spirit prompted men and women to speak God's Word.

Psalm 19:4-5
God makes a huge dome for the sun—a superdome! The morning sun's a new husband leaping from his honeymoon bed, The daybreaking sun an athlete racing to the tape.

5 Comments:

At September 29, 2006, Blogger Cathy said...

God is amazing! Praising God with you.. I am excited to see what the morning brings...

Isaiah 26:19 (New Life Version)
New Life Version (NLV)
Your dead will live. Their dead bodies will rise. You who lie in the dust, wake up and call out for joy. For as the water on the grass in the morning brings new life, the earth will bring back to life those who have been dead

Weeping endures for a night, but joy comes in the morning...Psalm 30:5b

 
At September 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

exciting stuff kirk!! still praying for you guys! let me know how the work thing pans out too :)

 
At September 30, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

Kirk, I'm so excited for you guys. Let me know when you're settled in a bit. I'd love to drive out and spend a day with your family. (Still love to have the surgical prayer conversation sometime too.) Thanks for your prayers and advice and for listening this last while. It's been felt.

 
At October 01, 2006, Blogger the book of Bernadette said...

wow God is great and he supplies all of our needs!!!!sometimes its great to be reminded of that fact. Thanks for reading my blog...its nice to get a reponse :0) Berns love ya <><

 
At October 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Great news to hear :) Hope to see you soon.

tim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home